Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, wherein we showcase ten books/topics within a theme. This week's theme is a freebie. I've chosen to do my top 10 favorite quotes. In no particular order:
1. "Carpe the diem while we still have the diems to carpe and all that shit."
-Preppy, aka Samuel Clearwater, "Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three" (King series, #7), by T.M. Frazier
(Preppy's version of the Latin carpe diem / "Seize the day.")
2. "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"
3. "I don’t think that monsters are all bad or evil, actually. I think what they have is a story, and I like stories more than I like anything else in the world."
-Evie, Gods & Monsters by Saffron A. Kent
4. “Bravery is picking up a pen and writing. Bravery is gouging out words from inside you and then imprinting them on a page to make them permanent. Bravery is knowing they might not ever be read by anyone, that the art you leave behind, the contributions you make to the world, might never be known by anyone. Bravery is knowing all of that but doing it anyway.”
- The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent
5. "Life is brilliant. And then it’s awful. Sometimes trivial or boring or mundane. You just have to push through all that bad stuff until its brilliant again. Always hold out for brilliant.”
- My Life in Shambles by Karina Halle
6. "It's possible I've lost my mind, but I don't care. I'm too happy to care. If I've gone insane, then that's okay. I'll own that shit. I'll wear it like a badge. I'll be Captain Crazy. I'll do anything. I'll be anything. As long as it means I get to spend my life with her."
- Torn by Carian Cole
7. “She tastes like chaos, mixed with the beginning of a storm. She fucks like a hurricane, wild with need so raw and demanding that she cannot be match. And when she comes, she roars like a fucking beast killing its prey. And when she breaks apart, she’s a beautiful fucking mess. Find your own; she’s mine.”
- Sleeping with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins
9. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
What are your favorites? Did any of yours make my list?